- 2 tbsp (30ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup (190g) jasmine rice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups (480ml) chicken stock
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut to 1 inch pieces
- 1. In a 10 inch skillet over mediumheat, warm the olive oil. Once you can feel the heat when you hold your hand 6 inches above the skillet, add the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Cook until the chicken is browned of the outside, stirring occasionally, 7-10 minutes. It’ll get cooked more, so it’s ok if it’s not cooked through yet.
- 3. Add the rice, rosemary, garlic and onion powder, chicken stock and lemon juice. Stir to combine, cover and bring everything to a boil.
- 4. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 8 minutes, and then stir and add the asparagus.
- 5. Cook until the asparagus is crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon zest.